When available, we will publish details of any staff vacancies on this page. If you would like to be considered, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep your details on file for any appropriate future vacancies.
Head Chef / Sous Chef
We are currently seeking a Sous Chef to support our Head Chef in our fantastic Hotel Kitchen in North Petherton, near Bridgwater in Somerset, on a permanent, full time basis.
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity of promotion to Head Chef within only a few months as our existing head chef will be moving on to new opportunities in the summer. This makes the role of Sous Chef particularly appealing, as for the right person it could be a fast track to having your own kitchen in only a few months.
This role requires equal parts experience, diligence and imagination – we are currently launching a new menu and expectations are high, therefore as a New Sous Chef, you will join us at a critical point in our development as we look toward a full, updated menu change and marketing push into 2019.
Working closely with the newly appointed General Manager, you’ll ideally have experience in banqueting and a la carte cooking, and be able to cook both to order and at scale. You’ll be a natural leader, who will be able to bring a fresh eye and creative vision to the role.
Vitally, you’ll be aware of how longevity in the role guarantee’s progress and the hotel will give you all the support you need to get the catering department up to contemporary and competitive standards.
Ideally, you’ll be:
- Currently working at Sousor Head Chef level, with tangible experience working in a hotel, casual fine dining, or in events catering.
- Proficient in budgeting, working to GP’s and managing your supply chain.
- Available to provide draft menus and provide budget proposals.
- A provable background in staff and menu development.
- Able to manage and draft rota’s.
- Up to date in your understanding of contemporary Health and Safety, COSHH, HACCP and Environmental Health standards, ideally with supporting training and qualification documentation.
For your hard work, your salary will be £26,000 – £30,000 experience dependent, with 28 days holiday guaranteed a year. There is onsite parking and a small but efficient team already running the kitchen that you’ll be working closely with from day one.
If this sounds like the job for you, please contact Daniel on 01278 662255 or email your CV to email@example.com